If you’ve been in search of a low maintenance building material that is ethically sourced and reasonably priced, then you’re in the right place.
Composite wood is an unique blend of sustainable-sourced wood (bamboo) fibres, synthetic polymers and a PVC binding agent to hold it all together. The result is a product that looks and feels like natural timber wood, but has increased strength and durability making for a building material that is incredibly easy to maintain.
Use this small blog post to learn more about the features that make composite wood a product you can use as part of your projects, safe in the knowledge that your structure will stand the test of time.
Built with a protective resin cap
An outer coat of protective resin, called a ‘cap’ is applied to all composite wood panels and this ensures the structural integrity of the material is maintained. The resin coat provides a wealth of added benefits, including:
- UV protection. UV radiation from the sun is the most common cause of splintering to general timberwood, as it accelerates the breakdown of the molecules that make up the material.This occurs as the UV radiation dries the wood out, removing the moisture from the cell structure. Composite wood helps to lower your maintenance costs here as the resin contains a blocking agent, ensuring you do not have to spend extra money on sealing products.
- While it is entirely natural and unavoidable for colours to fade over time as a result of the sun, we have engineered a material that will only fade by around 12% of it’s original look. This is a significant improvement on timberwood and saves hundreds of pounds in painting and staining products.
- As well as being well-protected against the damaging UV rays from the sun, composite wood panels are also sealed and secured against the elements.The aforementioned resin completely waterproofs the material, meaning you won’t have to worry about algae and rot if you put down composite decking at a caravan on the seafront, or around a home pool.
- As composite wood is constructed from densely-bound together wood fibres, the material has increased strength and durability over natural timberwood. Ccomposite wood offers a much higher impact resistance, and this can be especially important with regards to decking and fencing. With decking, the weakening that you may expect after multiple parties or children playing is a thing of the past, while composite fences are incredibly strong in the face of high winds.
- We offer our composite wood panels in a wide range of colours to suit all tastes and projects. Our aim is to offer a diverse selection to ensure that our customers are not spending additional money on painting and staining, the product is ready to be installed today.
As a result of the above, all of our Composite Wood Company products come with a 25 year guarantee.
If you’re interested in our decking, fencing or garden rooms, please get in touch with us for a free quote. To find out more about our products, you can request a free brochure here.